Thursday, February 18, 2010

making moves

Today I volunteered to work the check-in table at the Blood Drive that was being held at my daughter's school. I ended up telling 6 people about the 3-Day For The Cure, and passed out 4 of my cards : ) Two were to people from the school, and two were Red Cross workers. I had quite a good conversation with the RC workers, one even thanked me for educating her on Breast Cancer. (Handy that I worked at that Breast Care Center those past few years!). Even if they don't donate, I am increasing awareness of the event, and even a bit of knowledge : )

I feel really good about making that step to pass out my cards. That's a tough thing for me to do! But you never know who might find it in their hearts to help such a great cause! You never know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment