Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 23 begins


Peek at week 23
The training schedule calls for three 3 mile walks, and one 4 mile walk, plus 30 minutes of cross training. One of my 3 mile walks will be done on Sunday when I participate in a 5K with my mom :)

Update: week 24
Training - 12.7 miles walked, 30 mins cross training
Fundraising - $1,560 raised to date

On Saturday Becky and I woke up early and traveled to SD for the official Kick-off Walk. It was held at a local New Balance store. The 3.5 mile walk was along the beach, and the weather was overcast... perfect for walking! My guess is that there were about 50 people at the second walk (there was no way we were getting there before 7am for the first walk!). The crowd was a mix of first timers and veterans, survivors and supporters. Our traveling blob attracted the attention of passers by, netting quite a few honks and "wooohooo"s. A new balance staffer presented a little clinic on how to dress for the 3Day. I should have asked my underwear question!

My Sunday walk was not good. I did it, but I didn't feel good doing it. My shins started hurting almost right away. A short way into the walk I realized I was going to wrong way and had to turn around (it was too late to get an accidental 4 miler in. Hubby would have been mad when it got dark and I wasn't home yet.) That stinking left foot pain showed up, but it came and went a few times, rather than just once like it used to do. Got that right lower outer leg pain, too. Haven't had that in a while. Blech. As tempted as I was to just go home, I continued on and made my 3 miles.

At what point does pushing through the little pains turn to pushing on and doing more damage?

1 comment:

  1. I think if you need to ask the question if you're doing damage, you might want to get it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry, ya know.

    By the way, so far as underwear goes... Okay, here's what I'm thinking. I really like boy shorts and girlshorts/boxer briefs because they don't move around and because it keep the very tops of my legs from rubbing. I also discovered Under Armor has underwear, but I haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete