Friday, January 22, 2010

What week?

Here's my lame reason/excuse... people were home. Yes, I had someone home with me every day this week, until today, Friday. It threw me all off, plus we were busy doing stuff. My lack of walking this week has nothing to do with all the rain. The mornings were actually pretty clear most of the week.

Today, everyone is where they should be and I was anxious to get back to my walking. It's not that I've grown accustomed to it, or crave it ('coz that would be crazy!), but rather the fear of the long long way I have to go in my training. I dropped the girl off at school already dressed for walking. The rain was coming down pretty hard (got some hail too!), so I drove to the mall. Yup, the mall.

The mall was dry and warm. I was not the only walker, although I was the youngest. With the help of some music, I kept up a pretty steady pace, and made it through a 55 minute walk without any shin/calf pain at all : ) I don't know how far I walked - and I lost track of exactly how many times I walked around... 6 I think. When I called guest services to find out the distance, the girl said it was half a mile from one end to the other, she didn't say around the mall.
That would make round trip one mile. NO WAY I walked 6 miles in 55 minutes. So maybe it's 1/2 mile all the way around. Still, not sure I walked 3 miles. Next time I'll keep better track of my round trips. Maybe I only did 5? Oh well, 55 mins at a fair and steady pace will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment