Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Woohoo, day 2

Back from day 2's walk. Got a late start again.. left at 11:16 and 2.1 miles later, got home at 12:05. I took a different route this time and really enjoyed it. I feel very fortunate to live where I do. It's a nice blend of concrete and nature.

Today's walk took me along a bike path that is near the main road part of the way (but still with lots of trees around), then into a pretty little neighborhood with lots of trees and parks. I stopped by the stream to do my first stretches... so nice! I encountered other exercisers who had gotten a late start - mostly cyclists - and enjoyed the scenery.

Along the way I heard snippets of conversations, "Ooh so do you like Kylie's new haircut??" and
"I don't know if I believe her. She said the doctor said to just leave it there." A couple was walking towards me. The woman was wearing the same clothing as me.... same green tshirt, same black pants with a white stripe down the side. "I like your outfit" I said in response to her friendly "hello". She looked at me as if I had lost my mind. The man laughed, and I am hoping that he explained my comment to her. What if I run into them again??

So today felt good. I went uphill first, it was about 10 degrees cooler and slightly overcast, and I was stylin' wearing a homemade Metallica visor : )

1 comment:

  1. You already are doing better than I did -- once I totally passed out (well, came thisclose) at the gym, I haven't been back.

    You rock! I am proud and inspired!

    <3

    ReplyDelete